Social Media Comments
It is our intent to encourage dialogue between members of the public and the City. We will do our best to reply to questions presented by members of the public via comments as soon as possible during normal business hours. If you don’t receive a response to your question(s) within 24 to 48 hours, please call the City directly at 951-304-2489.
In some instances, members of the public may be directed to contact information of specific departments, divisions, or staff members and/or web pages for the best, most accurate answer.
Social media pages are subject to comment restrictions inherent with [social media site, i.e., Facebook] [fan] pages. The City does not discriminate against any views and in accordance with our Social Media Policy, the following comments may be removed:
- Comments not related to matters of City business or that do not relate to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates the discrimination of protected classes
- Defamatory or personal attacks
- Violent or threatening content
- Promotion or endorsement of political issues, groups or individuals
- Solicitation of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as a trademark or copyright infringement
- Content that contains personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses, and telephone numbers
The City may follow companies, organizations and/or individuals and share information from these third parties. This does not constitute an endorsement of the third party or its posts or activities. All citizen posted comments reflect the views of the author and not necessarily the views or the position of the City.