City Cable Channel
The City of Murrieta Public, Education, and Government (PEG) Channel is a comprehensive effort focused on providing public information in a timely manner as well as creating opportunities to educate our residents about local government, upcoming projects, and services. Our goal is to present programming which focuses on government issues, educational issues, and issues that perform informational services to the public.
Through franchise negotiations for cable services, the City of Murrieta has obtained ownership of two government/education channels located on Verizon FiOS channel 33 as well as Time Warner Cable channel 29 or Time Warner Cable channel 3.
The City of Murrieta's PEG channel carries live and tape-delayed coverage of:
- City Council meetings
- Information on City services and programs
- Live Planning Commission meetings
- Special events of public interest
The city is also pleased to provide its viewers with quality programs from:
- Curiosity Quest Goes Green Television Series
- Huell Howser Productions
- Programs produced and distributed by the USGS
- Live broadcasts of City Council meetings are aired at 6 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Re-broadcasts of the City Council Meeting air the following Friday at 1 a.m, and 2 p.m, Saturday at 2 p.m, Monday at 6 p.m. and the following Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Live broadcasts of the Planning Commission meetings are aired at 6 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Student of the month is aired every Thursday and Sunday at 6 p.m.